Pages

Selasa, 07 April 2015

JAPANESE VOCABBULARY 7

Health problems
I don't feel well.
What's wrong?
Is there a pharmacy nearby?
I want to go to the hospital.
Are you all right?
It's not a big deal.
Take care.
karada: body
guai: condition
warui: bad
chikaku: nearby
yakkyoku: pharmacy
byōin: hospital
odaijini: Used only to the person who is sick or injured.
Body parts
head, eye, ear, nose, mouth
neck, arm, hand, leg
chest, back, belly, lower back
brain, heart, stomach, lung
Symptoms
I caught a cold.
I have a fever.
I have a headache.
I feel nauseous.
I have diarrhea.
It's swelled.
It's itchy.
kaze: cold / kaze o hiku: catch a cold
netsu: fever, heat
itai: it pains, it hurts, painful
hakike: nausea
geri: diarrhea
hareru: to swell
kayui: it itches
Injury
I got hurt.
I got burned.
I had a tumble.
I banged my head.
I cut myself with a knife.
I'm bleeding.
kega: injury
yakedo: burn
krobu: to have a tumble, to fall down
butsukeru: to bang, to bump
naifu: knife
kiru: to cut
chi: blood / chi ga deru: to bleed
At the pharmacy
How many hours will this medicine be effective?
Take twice a day after meals.
cold medicine, headache pills, antidiarrheal
antiseptic, band-aid, insect-repelling spray
kusuri: medicine
kiku: to effect, to be effective
shokugo: after the meal
shokuzen: before the meal
At the hospital
Surgery has to be performed at once.
3 days hospitalization is needed.
The treatment takes a week.
Can I use the travel insurance?
suguni: at once, right away
shujutsu: surgery, operation
hitsuyō: necessary, in need
nyūin: hospitalization
chiryō: medical treatment
ryokō hoken: travel insurance (ryokō: travel + hoken: insurance)
tsukau: to use
Lost property
I left my bag in the train.
What should I do?
It's good to talk to a station staff.
It may be found.
We will contact you if it is found.
densha: train
kaban: bag
okiwasureru: leave (oku: to put + wasureru: to forget)
do sureba iidesuka?: Used to ask what you should do.
ekiin: station staff
sōdan suru: to consult
mitsukaru: to be found
mitsukeru: to find
moshi: if
renraku suru: to contact, to get in touch
Basic Rules
verb (u) + kamo shiremasen = may _. (mentioning about the possibility)
Change the ending "i" to "u" and add "kamo shiremasen".
Examples: iki masu (I go) / iku kamo shiremasen (I may go, Maybe I go), Kanojo ni ai masu (I see her) / Kanojo ni au kamo shiremasen (I may see her, Maybe I see her).
Moshi + verb + tara (ttara) = If _.
Change the ending "i" to "u" and add "kamo shiremasen".
Examples: tabe masu (I eat) / moshi tabe tara (If I eat), kai masu (I buy) / Moshi ka ttara (If I buy).
At the police
My baggage was stolen.
I was cheated and got stolen my money.
I lost my wallet.
Where is the police box?
What happened?
koban: police box, police station
saifu: wallet, purse
nakusu: to lose
nimotsu: baggage, belongings
nusumu: to steal, to rob
damasu: to cheat
okane: money
toru: to take, to steal
Basic Rules
verb (a) + re mashita = passive form (past tense)
Change the ending vowel "i" to "a" and add "re mashita".
Examples: nusumi masu (I steal) / nusuma re mashita (I was stealed), kiri masu (I cut) / kira re mashita (I was cut).
Emergency
Please help.
Please call an ambulance.
Please call the police.
My friend got serious injury.
My friend got terrible disease.
tasukeru: to help
kyukyusha: ambulance
yobu: to call (to come)
keisatsu: police
ōkega: serious injury
hidoi: terrible
byoki: disease, illness

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar