Expressions
| How are you? | ||
|---|---|---|
| Are you well? | Ogenki desuka? | |
| Yes, I'm well. | Hai, genki desu. | |
| No, I'm not well. | Iie, genki dewa (ja) arimasen.. | |
| Yes, I'm very well. | Hai, totemo genki desu. | |
| So so. | Māmā desu. | |
| genki: well "o" in front of genki is a prefix which makes the word more polite. Genki desu.: I'm well. Genki dewa (ja) arimasen.: I'm not well. "ja arimasen" sounds more casual, and is used more in daily conversation. Informal: Genki? |
||
| Understand? | ||
|---|---|---|
| Do you understand? | Wakari masuka? | |
| Yes, I understand. | Hai, wakari masu. | |
| No, I don't understand. | Iie, wakari masen. | |
| I understand a little. | Sukoshi wakari masu. | |
| Do you understand Japanese? | Nihongo ga wakari masuka? | |
| Do you understand English? | Eigo ga wakari masuka? | |
| wakaru: to understand, to know Wakari masu.: I understand. Wakari masen.: I don't understand. Wakari mashita.: I understood. (I got it. All right.) [Nihongo] ga wakari masu.: I understand [Japanese]. ga: Particle which comes after the object. Used with the verb "wakaru". |
||
| Please. (to request) | ||
|---|---|---|
| Please. | Onegaishimasu. | |
| One more time, please. | Mōichido onegaishimasu. | |
| Slowly please. | Yukkuri onegaishimasu. | |
| Menu please. | Menyū o onegaishimasu. | |
| Used to ask some favor. [Menyū] o onegaishimasu.: [Menu] please. o: Particle which comes after the object. |
||
| Please. (to offer) | ||
|---|---|---|
| Please. | Dōzo. | |
| Used to offer something. (Here you are. After you. etc.) | ||
| Wait! | ||
|---|---|---|
| One moment, please. | Chotto matte kudasai. | |
| chotto: a little matte kudasai: Please wait. Informal: Chotto matte. |
||
| What? | ||
|---|---|---|
| What is it? | Nan desuka? | |
| What's this? (in speaker's hand) | Kore wa nan desuka? | |
| What is it? (in the listener's hand) | Sore wa nan desuka? | |
| What's that? (in the sky) | Are wa nan desuka? | |
| [Kore] wa nan desuka?: What is [this]? wa: Particle which comes after the subject. kore: this (something close to you - the speaker) sore: it (close to the person you are talking to - the listener) are: that (some distance away from the both) nan (nani): what You will learn more in the lesson 3. |
||
| What time? | ||
|---|---|---|
| What time is it? | Nanji desuka? | |
| What time is the departure? | Shuppatsu wa nanji desuka? | |
| What time is the arrival? | Tōchaku wa nanji desuka? | |
| [Shuppatsu] wa nanji desuka?: What time is [the departure]? You will learn more in the lesson 4. |
||
| Where? | ||
|---|---|---|
| Where is it? | Doko desuka? | |
| Where is the toilet? | Toire wa doko desuka? | |
| [Toire] wa doko desuka?: Where is [the toilet]? You will learn more in the lesson 5. |
||
| Is there...? | ||
|---|---|---|
| Do you have? Is there? | Ari masuka? | |
| Do you have vegetarian dishes? | Bejitarian ryōri wa ari masuka? | |
| Is there an internet cafe? | Intānetto kafe wa ari masuka? | |
| [Bejitarian ryōri] wa ari masuka?: Do you have [vegetarian dishes]? [Intānetto kafe] wa ari masuka?: Is there [an internet cafe]? You will learn more in the lesson 6. |
||
| How much? | ||
|---|---|---|
| How much is it? | Ikura desuka? | |
| How much is a double room? | Daburu rūmu wa ikura desuka? | |
| [Kore] wa ikura desuka?: How much is [this]? You will learn more in the lesson 7. |
||
| Why? | ||
|---|---|---|
| Why is it? | Naze desuka? | |
| Informal: Naze? Dōshite? Nande? You will learn more in the lesson 9. |
||
| OK? | ||
|---|---|---|
| Are you all right? | Daijōbu desuka? | |
| Yes, I'm all right. | Hai, daijōbu desu. | |
| Informal: Daijōbu? You will learn more in the lesson 10. | ||
0 komentar:
Posting Komentar