Pages

Selasa, 07 April 2015

JAPANESE VOCABBULARY 6

Asking to get together
Why don't we eat out together some time?
Yes, I'd like to go.
Why don't we watch DVD together tonight?
Yes, sounds good.
Why don't we go out together tomorrow?
Some other time.
PLEASE, come to the party.
Yes, with pleasure.
Let's play a game.
I'm a little busy.
kondo: some time in the near future, at the next chance
issho ni: together
shokuji: having meal
_masenka?: Why don't we_?
_mashō: Let's _.
Iidesune.: Sounds good.
miru: to watch, to look, to see
dekakeru: to go out
Mata kondo.: Maybe, some other time. (Used often as indirect refusal.)
zehi: Used to emphasize your willingness.
Yorokonde.: With pleasure. (positive acceptance)
chotto: little (sounds more casual than "sukoshi")
isogashii: busy
Basic Rules
verb + masenka? = Why don't we _?
Literally, it seems to mean "Don't you _?". But mostly, this sentence form is used to invite someone.
Examples: tabe masenka?: Why don't we eat?, nomi masenka?: Why don't we drink (go for a drink)?, tenisu o shi masenka?: Why don't we play tennis?
verb + mashō = Let's _.
It is also used to invite someone, but sounds more stronger than "_masenka?".
Use this sentence pattern when you are almost sure that the person also wants to do it.
Examples: tabe mashō: Let's eat, nomi mashō: Let's drink (go for a drink), tenisu o shi mashō: Let's play tennis.
Making an appointment
When would be good?
How about this Saturday?
Saturday is not good.
Then, how about Sunday?
All right.
Then, let's meet here at 2pm.
ii: good, fine
warui: bad
dō: how?
tsugō ga ii: convenient, suit one's schedule, can make it
tsugō ga warui: inconvenient, not suit one's schedule, can't make it
dewa: then
kokode: at this place (koko: here + de: at)
au: to meet
Exchanging contact information
Can you tell me (your) phone number?
Do you have a cell phone?
Can you enter (input) the mail address here?
I'll send my address by e-mail later.
denwabangō: phone number (denwa: phone + bang: number)
keitai: cell phone, mobile phone
mēru adoresu: mail address
ireru: enter, input
atode: at later time
jūsho: address
okuru: to send
Basic Rules
verb + te (tte) + imasu = continuous state
This present progressive sentence form can also mean the continuous state.
Examples: keitai o mot te imasu (I own a cell phone. It doesn't mean that "I am holding it at this moment."), kare o shitte imasu. (I know him. Does not mean that "I'm getting to know him now.")
Eating out
Why don't we eat something?
What do you want to eat?
How about Italian food?
Why don't we drink beer?
Sounds good.
No, I don't drink alcohol.
Cheers!
It's my treat, today.
Let's split the bill.
Thank you for the treat.
nanika: something, anything
itaria: Italy / itaria ryori: Itarian food, dishes, cuisine
biiru: beer
taberu: to eat
ii desune: Sounds good.
osake: alcoholic drinks
kanpai!: Cheers!
gochisō suru: treat the meal (pay for the meal)
warikan: separating the bill (paying separately)
gochisōsamadeshita: Greeting when you finished the meal. Also can be used to thank someone who treated you a meal.
About language skills
Can you read (display) the Japanese characters on your computer?
Probably OK.
No, not possible.
Can you write Kanji letters?
I can write Hiragana and Katakana only.
Can you speak English?
I can speak just a little.
moji: letters, characters
tabun: probably
muri: not possible, can't make it
dake: only
yomu: to read
kaku: to write
hanasu: to speak
Basic Rules
verb (e) + masu = be able to _
Change the end vowel of the verb from "i (desu, masu form)" to "e".
Examples: yomi masu (I read) / yome masu (I can read) / yome masen (I can't read), iki masu (I go) / ike masu (I can go) / ike masen (I can't go).
Asking the reason
Oh, I have to go home.
Why?
Because, I'll go out tomorrow morning at 6.
Oh, I see.
kaeru: to go back
naze?: why?
dekakeru: to go out
sō desuka: I see.
Basic Rules
verb (a) + nakutewa ikemasen = have to _
Change the end vowel of the verb from "i (desu, masu form)" to "a" and add "nakutewa ikemasen".
Examples: kaeri masu (I go back) / kaera nakutewa ikemasen (I have to go back), hanashi masu (I speak) / hanasa nakutewa ikemasen (I have to speak).
verb (u) + karadesu = Bacause _. (Explaining the reason why)
Change the end vowel of the verb from "i (desu, masu form)" to "u (dictionary form)" and add "karadesu".
Examples: kaeri masu (I go back) / kaeru karadesu (Because I go back), kai masu (I buy) / kau karadesu (Because I buy)
Giving a present
Happy birthday!
Here, a present for you.
Here, a souvenir from Thailand.
Can I open?
Can I share with my family?
Yes, please.
Wow, beautiful!
Wow, great!
Wow, cute!
Wow, looks delicious!
tanjōbi birthday
omedetō gozaimasu: Congratulations!
Tai Thailand
omiyage souvenir
akeru to open
wakeru to share
ē: yes (sounds more casual)
: wow! Used when you are surprised.
kirei beautiful
sugoi great, amazing
kawaii cute, pretty Young girls use this often.
oishisō looks delicious
Basic Rules
verb + temo iidesuka = May I _?
Examples: ake masu (I open) / ake temo iidesuka? (May I open?), tabe masu (I eat) / tabe temo iidesuka? (May I eat?),
Farewell
Thank you for taking care of me so nicely.
PLEASE stay my house when you come to Russia.
Please contact me when you arrive in Bangkok.
Please come to visit us again, any time.
I really appreciate that.
So, see you again. Good-bye.
osewa ni narimashita: Used to thank for the hospitality
Rosia: Russia
kuru: to come
ie: house
tomaru: to stay
Bankoku: Bangkok
tsuku: to arrive
renraku suru: to contact, to get in touch
itsudemo: any time
asobi ni kuru: come to visit, come to play
asobi ni iku: go to visit, go to play
honto ni: truly, really
Basic Rules
verb + tara = when _, if _
Examples: Kare ga ki masu (He comes) / Kare ga ki tara (When he comes, If he comes), tabe masu (I eat) / tabe tara (When I eat, If I eat).

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar